Sunday, June 23, 2013

Third week in review

Pete, Alex and I won the simulation challenge #1!   The game was a 4-hour live simulation for Operations Management class where we  managed a factory through variations in order sizes (must make each order in 2 days or else customers get products for free and orders are in FIFO (so we couldn't refuse orders).  Our simulation included machine purchases, lot size changes, utilization, queues, etc. 

The class had a professional photoshoot on Wednesday, which turned into this.  Now you know what happens when you put a bunch of engineers into business school:

Must-needed Friday night fun (the first full week of classes hit us hard!).
 Me, Mike (friend from Gillette), Liz, and Jeremiah (Liz' bf) at Howl at the Moon with live music!
Me and Jodian (from Gillette gym) - I miss Jodian, others at the gym, and the gym itself soooo much!

On Saturday, Grace and I went to an outdoor bootcamp class in the morning before my beach time with Mike, Cooper (Mike's childhood friend from Chicago), Liz at Nahant Beach:
Mike's Jeep was perfect for a beach trip.  I read a case study on JetBlue at the beach.

Afterwards, LGO'15 (along with some LGO'14 and SDM) had a miracle fruit tasting at Fort Awesome, ate felafels, and went to Tavarn in the Sq to watch the Bruins.  Then I joined Gilletters at Sligo in Davis Sq for the rest of the game.
 Obviously the pic was taken before the end of the game :(

Grace and I recharged on Sunday with a spin class at the Handle Bar (new place by the Broadway T Stop).  The class was AMAZING but definitely felt like a pay back from all the consumption from the day before.  I highly recommend the place and Chi'en as the instructor.
I wish the weekend were longer, but I'm sure my LGO classmates will help keep my week days happy!

1 comment:

  1. oh i forgot to tell you after the bootcamp i looked at the booths and one of them was giving out free massages and there was nobody in line!

    ReplyDelete