Sunday, May 19, 2013

Mondays are not so bad...




I usually hate Sunday nights because they mark the end of precious weekends.  Though, I must say, Mondays aren't always so bad.  Sure a Monday usually starts in a rush with me realizing that I overslept again, but it ended well this week. 

Since my brother is in town, I made plans to take him to the Asgard's, an Irish bar in Central Sq. I've been going to the Asgard's since my senior year.  That's also when the Asgard's started having 10 cents wings on Mondays.  It was such a good comfort to Mondays.

After MIT, I started going to the Asgard's almost every Monday with my friend Giorgio and later on our friends joined in as well.  It was the thing for us.  We stopped as people moved further away and got busy.  It was just refreshing to go again.  Seeing that apparently the Asgard's is one of the hang-out places for LGO's and that my new apartment is literally a 5-min walk from there, I'm sure I'll be starting Monday wings nights back up again.  And ofcourse wings nights couldn't end without ice cream from Tocanini's (across the street).  My fave favor is goat cheese brownie; you should try it.

Monday was also a good day because it was the first time I swam in a very long time.  I went to the MIT Z-center, an amazing gym at MIT, and did 1 mile of laps continuously.  It made me feel much better about my triathlon which is happening in a weeks.  My pace was 50% slower than my high school swim team days, but that's not bad considering I have not swum at all.

The rest of the week turned out to be pretty awesome too. I got to see Julie and Liz and introduced them to each other  on Wednesday. We were supposed to go to Citysports' Beach Ready Cardio outdoor workout in Harvard Sq but bailed because of the slight rain; we ended up going to Bertucci's and stuffed our faces with amazing rolls instead.  Afterwards, I did a 5 mi run outside instead. It was around 8:15pm when I started and it had just stopped raining, so it was dark, a bit humid, and lots of bugs.  I don't regret running, but I wish I had done it earlier in the day.  For those of you in Boston, Citysports has that free class every Wednesday evening for the rest of the month if you want to sign up: http://www.eventbrite.com/event/6447399345

On Thursday my brother and I went to the north end for some desserts.  We had my fave tiramisu at Caffee Vittoria next to Mike's Pastry.  If you haven't visited it, I would really encourage you to.  You won't regret it.



No comments:

Post a Comment