Monday, May 13, 2013

Parents visit weekend

This past weekend was sorta cloudy and not very pretty.  It sucked that it happened over the weekend, but considering the sunny high 60's weather we just had all week, I couldn't really complain.

My parents visited again from Cooperstown, NY.  They had just visited the week before when they drove here with my brother who's staying with me for 3 weeks while he is working as a visiting medical resident at Tufts Medical Center.  As both of their kids are in Boston, they just couldn't stay away! As many of you are familiar with, parents visit usually means food tasting! 

How's the food situation in Boston area?  This may cross your mind if you're a foodie considering moving to town for school or work.

Here is an example of my Saturday meals with the parents:

Morning: at Flour Bakery right on Mass ave next to MIT.  Salmon bagel and carrot cake!  Flour is definitely a treat for MIT students.  Its sticky buns are famous, but I would also encourage you to try one of my favorite meals of all time: roasted lamb sandwich, raspberry crumb bar and raspberry seltzer.
Pastries at Flour
 Afternoon: an hour drive to Kittery, Maine for lobster and outlet shopping.  I had yummy lobster and coconut lime cheesecake at Robert's Maine Grill Restaurant.
Family visit to Maine

Evening: Thai food at Pad Thai Cafe on Boylston St in  Boston and tiramisu for my mom's and brother's birthdays from Finale in Harvard Sq.

LGOs '15 on their way to Boston, you're in for a treat with your food options!

Well, what do Bostonians do to keep the weight off with all these yummy things? The Charles River is such a gift to Boston.  I've run and biked there more than 100 times, yet its beauty still manages to take my breathe away every time!  Aside from that, there also seems to be a big yoga community here, a lot of which are free.  This week, my yoga buddy Julia and I went to O2 yoga open house for power yoga and arm balance classes for free on Saturday, and we tried aerial yoga for the first time on Sunday at South Boston Yoga for free!  As the blog progresses, I may annouce free workout classes ahead of time if people want to know and join!

Julia and I at Aerial Yoga




No comments:

Post a Comment